Every fraternity tries to sell potential new members on the big features of fraternity membership during recruitment: brotherhood, leadership, networking, community service, and character development.
Here are some of the finer details of the advantages of being a fraternity man:
- Sigma Nu provides opportunities for leadership (via LEAD programs), academic success, and community service that are unparalleled in other on-campus organizations.
- You always have a couch to sleep on - if you ever have a late night or just get sick of your dorms, Sigma Nu has the finest couches on Greek row.
- You can move out of the dorms your freshman year - fraternity membership is a legitimate reason to get out of your dorm housing contract.
- There's always a good friend somewhere down the hall who will tag along with you anywhere you want to go.
- You will be exposed to plenty of new experiences by Brothers who bring a huge variety of interests and hobbies to the table.
- Sigma Nu membership lasts your whole life, and you will have thousands of Brothers across the country who will support and vouch for you, even as a stranger. The national organization of the fraternity establishes bonds that run deep to the foundation of Sigma Nu's values.